- Click Permits
- Select a Category to narrow down the permit types (optional - selecting a category will help you narrow down the list of permit type options)
- Select the Permit Type
- Click Next
Add applicant information
The fields marked with “*” are required fields and must be filled out to complete the application.
- Add Applicant Name (required)
- Add Email (optional, but recommended so we can email your inspection results)
- Add Phone number (optional)
- Add a Description of Work (required in most cases, indicated by a * when required)
Add jobsite address
- Click to search for the address in Google Maps
- Start typing the address and then select the jobsite address
- You can also manually enter the jobsite address without searching
Add property owner info
Please fill out this information as completely as possible
Add additional application info
Add additional application info (the information to be filled out will vary based on permit type and a * indicates required fields)
Please always include estimated evaluation
Add trade contractors (optional)
As a Contractor Applicant, the system will assign you as the Primary Contractor. If you have separate trade contractors working on this permit, please complete the following steps:
- Click Contractors
- Select Contractor Trade type by clicking on the dropdown arrow
Start typing the Company Name and select them from a dropdown
- Select the Contractor Name (optional)
- Click OK
- If your trade contractor is not listed they may need to be added to the system by the jurisdiction.
Please have your trade contractors contact your jurisdiction for jurisdiction-specific licensing/registration requirements and to be added to the system.
- If the trade contracting company has multiple contractors working for that company you can select an individual, but this is not a required field.
- Click Documents
Quick Tip: Any required documents will be listed, along with a description. You will not be allowed to submit your application if the required documents are not uploaded.
- Click Upload File
- Add a document name
- Enter optional notes
- Click OK
Is your application complete?
Save application or submit application
Click if you would like to continue to work on your application over time before submitting it to the jurisdiction – this is shown as a 'Draft Application'.
- A permit number will not be assigned to this application until that application is accepted by the jurisdiction.
- Your application will not be visible to the jurisdiction until AFTER you have submitted your application.
- You will have the ability to delete an unsubmitted application if you choose.
If you have completed all the information on your permit application, click .
If the button looks like this...
...there is a required field or information in your application that is still required. You will not be able to submit your application until all required information is provided.
After submitting your application, the jurisdiction will receive your application and begin the review process. If the jurisdiction accepts your application, you will see a permit number get assigned.
If your application needs more information, you will see this in the Permit Status:
Click to see the info that is still required
If your application is denied, get a notice of the reason for the denial of the application.
Once a permit is accepted it will be assigned a permit number.